Saturday, August 22

Cherry Crunch





We tried a new cherry recipe last night from Joy of Cooking. It was yumyum!!

In my usual cooking style, I sorta followed the recipe but not totally. I didn't have tapioca on hand, so I thickened the cherries and juice with corn starch. So here's my version of..........


Cherry Crunch

Serves 4
Preheat oven to 350F


Part 1:

In a saucepan, begin cooking

2 cups of sour cherries
1/2 cup sugar (approx, enough for your taste)

As they cook, they make a lot of juice, so when they are almost done, I added

1 - 2 tsp cornstarch (approx) and cooked until thickened. Set aside.


Part 2:

1/2 cup butter, melted
1 cup brown sugar, packed
1 cup flour
1 cup quick-cooking oatmeal
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt


Mix all ingredients until crumbly. In a 9x9 baking pan, put half of this mix on the bottom. Spread the cherry mixture on top. Sprinkle remaining crumble over cherries.

Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until brown.

Serve with low fat vanilla yogurt ice cream (well, you gotta cut back somewhere)!

















1 comment:

  1. Anonymous2:52 PM

    Yum... (this is the human staff talking, of course!)

    ReplyDelete