Wednesday, October 14

Almost Martha's Hot Fudge Sauce




A couple of years ago, I traveled to another city for a week-long conference. I stayed at a friend of a friend's place. Although we'd never met, from the first moments we spent together, my hostess made me feel so welcome in her home.

The most amazing thing was that even though I'd arrived late in evening, she asked me if I'd be interested in a bowl of ice cream with homemade fudge sauce. She was just thinking of making some for herself when I arrived. Sounds good to me, I replied. And it was!!

Here's her recipe (she said it was a Martha Stewart recipe):


Hot Fudge Sauce


1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup light cream*
1 1/2 Tbsp butter
1/4 cup cocoa
1/2 cup corn syrup
1/2 tsp vanilla

Put everything in a saucepan. Stir with a whisk until well combined. Bring to a boil and let boil for 2 minutes over medium heat. Stir constantly.

*I have substituted the cream with milk (even skim) and it still works amazingly well. Which is good if you need to watch your fat or calorie intake.



 


1 comment:

  1. Ohhhhh...just when I was looking for a good hot fudge sauce recipe, too! It must be fate! I will be making this this weekend for sure! Thanks for sharing.

    Hugs ~ Angie

    ReplyDelete